In San Diego, California, from July 20 to July 23, Nintendo plans to make the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina hotel the place for Nintendo fun for all ages. The company plans to present a playable version of Super Mario Odyssey, at the San Diego Comic-Con booth, and use the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina hotel ballroom to allow visitors to take on Nintendo’s other quality properties and fans.
Below is a list of content that will be available for play.
San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- EA SPORTS FIFA 18 from Electronic Arts
- Super Bomberman R from Konami
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers from Capcom
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition from Mojang AB
- Hey! PIKMIN
- Pokémon Sun
- Pokémon Moon
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
The Play Nintendo Challenge will be open from 10am-7pm on July 20 and July 21, and 10am-5pm on July 23. Participation is on a “first-come, first-served basis”. If selected, competitors will start with an eight-player turf war match in Splatoon 2. The winning team of four will then compete against each other in the fighting game ARMS. The final two players will enter the finals with a one-on-one battle in the upcoming Switch game Pokkén Tournament DX.